St. Petersburg (February 25, 2022) – INDYCAR and Motorsport Network right now announced the crucial results of the 2022 Worldwide INDYCAR Fan Study. Introduced in January, the World-wide INDYCAR Supporter Study was commissioned by INDYCAR, hosted by Motorsport Network, and analyzed by Nielsen Sports, the world facts, info, and measurement gurus. Performed in 11 languages across the Motorsport.com system and acquiring opinions from in excess of 53,000 admirers in 147 nations around the world, the study exposed that INDYCAR has taken care of a loyal and approving fanbase while escalating its ranks among youthful and a lot more assorted demographics in recent decades.
Unsurprisingly, though the U.S. comprised 56% of the study responses, the top 5 nations around the world also bundled France, the U.K., Japan, and Canada, suggesting advancement in curiosity internationally for the NTT INDYCAR Series. This advancement demonstrates an increasing and extra various audience, highlighted by 37% of respondents beneath 35 many years of age and 12.2% of respondents determining as woman. This is the second-highest feminine participation price for a survey fielded by Motorsport Network of a worldwide racing collection.
“INDYCAR is increasing – at a historic and speedy speed,” said Mark Miles, President, and CEO of Penske Leisure Corporation. “Our products is considered as competitive and fascinating, and just as we have attracted new and proficient drivers to our discipline, we’ve also found admirable accomplishment in attracting new devotees to our ranks. As we embark on a consequential and marquee year for INDYCAR, we’re enormously encouraged by the image the World wide INDYCAR Lover Study delivers and continue to be self-assured that the foreseeable future is shiny for the NTT INDYCAR Collection and its stars.”
Total admirer acceptance of the racing product is really higher. INDYCAR’s prime 5 characteristics, as reflected by the survey, are: “competitive,” “exciting,” “entertaining,” “growing” and “dangerous,” with in excess of 80% of the respondents viewing INDYCAR as “competitive.”
Conclusions from the Motorsport Network INDYCAR World wide Enthusiast Survey indicate fans want to view races dwell, predominantly on Television set. Most INDYCAR buyers are now looking at races by means of a mix of cable and streaming platforms, with the latter now surpassing no cost-to-air viewing. Paywalls continue being a issue of some fans in specific marketplaces, most likely reducing obtain to reside races. Social media has come to be the top platform for non-race weekend content material for all fans and the most important supply of all INDYCAR content material for people amongst the beneath-35 established.
Based on study respondents, esports are progressively pertinent to INDYCAR fans, with approximately fifty percent partaking in gaming weekly. This quantity rises to 85% amid 16-24-year-olds and 70% among the 25-34-year-olds, suggesting a strong viewers for the impending launch of an INDYCAR-centric video match title.
“It has been intriguing to operate on this major-at any time Worldwide INDYCAR Lover study and the inescapable summary is that lovers feel that INDYCAR is a series on its way up,” stated James Allen, President of Motorsport Network. “INDYCAR is the pre-eminent one-seater racing championship in North The us, but it has prolonged had a following in other continents thanks to prominent worldwide motorists racing there. Currently, the intercontinental make-up of the grid is reflected in the survey conclusions, with a robust geographical spread outdoors of North America. Whilst the series has its loyal followers in the older age teams, particularly in the U.S., INDYCAR will be researching carefully the info on its new, young, and female fans internationally. Thanks to the world wide web and social media supplying uncomplicated entry to wealthy content material, any one any place can turn out to be an INDYCAR supporter today. And gaming and esports are evidently heading to participate in a substantial role in the long term. It will be intriguing to see how the developments develop more than the up coming couple of a long time.”
Even with the COVID pandemic, there is even now a potent drive to show up at races reside. In excess of 80% of respondents expressed the motivation to go to a race are living, whilst virtually 50% of respondents indicated that they have attended a race dwell in the earlier 5 several years. 1 of the greatest components cited as avoiding reside race attendance is the lack of ability to show up at a regional race for fans, specially exterior North America.
From an ecological standpoint, more youthful lovers spot bigger significance on inexperienced initiatives in motorsport, and though most have been happy with what INDYCAR is accomplishing to be greener, more than 20% of feminine followers believe INDYCAR need to be undertaking additional on the sustainability front.
“Off the again of the good results of the Formulation A single admirer study, it has been a pleasure to be included in one more world-wide motorsport survey with Motorsport Community. Our partnership not only provides intriguing insight on several motorsport disciplines but also actionable fan viewpoints that can assistance a series increase and evolve in a way that appeals to admirers aged and new. I appear forward to functioning our following study with Motorsport Community to unearth far more insightful views from our extensive world wide motorsport enthusiast base,” stated Nigel Geach, Senior Vice President, International Motorsport, Nielsen Sports activities.
The survey results were unveiled at the opening spherical of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR Series season currently and provided the sizing and demographics of the sport’s viewers, supporter disposition and attitudes toward the activity, their affinity for INDYCAR races, teams, drivers, and their consumption of racing as remote and are living audiences.
Further important conclusions from the 2022 INDYCAR Global Supporter Study contain:
Venues and Competition
- The best 5 most important races for enthusiasts are the Indianapolis 500, Lengthy Beach, Road The us, Laguna Seca, and St. Petersburg.
- INDYCAR lovers are pleased with the mix of tracks (road, road & oval) and think they offer the finest check of a driver’s talent, and they also sense the sport is healthier now than 3 several years in the past, showcasing the correct harmony of activity and leisure.
- For the upcoming admirers want INDYCAR to:
- Characteristic various suppliers in key classification places
- Keep the Indy 500 as a double points celebration
- Lower stewarding interference and enable motorists race
- Deal with crew working charges and prioritize close racing in excess of technological innovation
- Supporters are strongly from changing race formats and clearly show minimal appetite for qualifying modifications.
Top rated Groups, Drivers, and Races
- Nearly 80% of fans guidance a number of Groups and Motorists.
- Young lovers aged beneath 24 are far more very likely to observe a one driver.
- Lovers in South and Central The usa and Asia-Pacific are extra than two times as very likely to abide by a favorite driver.
- Workforce Penske was voted as the total favored team with 19% of votes, followed by Andretti Autosport and Arrow McLaren SP, who were being tied at second, every with 17% of votes, to spherical out the best 3 groups.
- Romain Grosjean was voted the survey’s most well-known INDYCAR driver with 32% of followers inserting him in their Top rated 3 and practically 12% of admirers rating him their favourite driver. Pato O’Ward was 2nd with a particularly higher youthful lover voting and voted quantity one by female supporters. The 3rd was Helio Castroneves, adopted by Scott Dixon. Alexander Rossi was the best-ranked U.S. driver who was voted fifth general.
- The leading 5 most attended races are the Indianapolis 500 (58.8%), Indianapolis Road Study course (31.3%), Mid Ohio (19.%), Road The united states (16.8%), and St. Petersburg (15.%)
For the comprehensive study, you can obtain the PDF https://world-indycar-supporter-survey-2022.motorsport.com.