That was 2020
How perfectly do you remember the calendar year? These will test your memory
one. What motor vehicle was topped Car Categorical Car of the Yr 2020?
2. In August, BMW declared that it was incorporating what new model to its iconic M3 range?
- a. A Touring edition
- b. An all-electric edition
- c. A 7-seat MPV edition
three. In September, Renault unveiled a new coupé-SUV that will strike the Uk up coming calendar year. What will it be identified as?
- a. Mégane Grande
- b. Marseille
- c. Arkana
four. In the initially episode of the new collection of the Terrific British Bake Off, what kind of car did contestant Linda attempt to make from cake?
- a. Ambulance
- b. JCB excavator
- c. Planet Rally Car
5. Rolls-Royce disclosed specifics of its constrained-edition Dawn Silver Bullet in August. How lots of will be produced?
six. What automotive newcomer identified as time on its electric motor vehicle undertaking in June?
- a. Ineos
- b. Dyson
- c. Virgin
seven. What typical American SUV obtained a hanging reboot in July?
- a. Cadillac Escalade
- b. Ford Bronco
- c. GMC Syclone
8. In June, automotive publisher Haynes disclosed that gross sales of a single certain workshop guide experienced greater by one,600 per cent during 2020. What subject did it protect?
- a. Hen retaining
- b. How to establish a nuclear bunker
- c. Ford Fiesta Mk2
9. In May possibly, Tobias Moers took over as CEO of what automotive brand name?
- a. Aston Martin
- b. BMW
- c. Skoda
ten. In April, Volvo declared that it would limit the major speed of its new models to what figure?
- a. 180mph
- b. 112mph
- c. 72mph
Examination your motorsport know-how with these earlier and current brain teasers
eleven. Formula 1 celebrated which milestone in 2020?
- a. The 2,000th Formulation 1 race
- b. The 70th anniversary of the initially Planet Championship race
- c. The a hundredth time a silver motor vehicle has won the initially 5 races of a time
12. Why is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway acknowledged as the ‘Brickyard’?
- a. The initially Indy 500 race was won by Gleeson Bartenburger II, operator of a close by brick factory
- b. It was paved with bricks in 1909
- c. Early IndyCars had been acknowledged as ‘bricks’
thirteen. In 2021, which previous Formulation 1 earth champion will return to push for the Alpine F1 group?
- a. Fernando Alonso
- b. Jenson Button
- c. Jacques Villeneuve
fourteen. The 2020 Formulation E Championship concluded with 6 rounds at which venue?
- a. London Docklands, Uk
- b. Monza, Italy
- c. Tempelhof Airport, Germany
15. Which manufacturer won the 2020 Le Mans 24 Several hours?
- a. Audi
- b. Toyota
- c. Porsche
sixteen. What will the Racing Position Formulation 1 group be rebranded as in 2021?
- a. Aston Martin Racing
- b. Pressure Canada Racing
- c. Pink Bull Juniors
seventeen. What function appeared on the Planet Rally Championship calendar for the initially time in 2020?
- a. Rally Kazakhstan
- b. Rally Estonia
- c. Rally Slovakia
18. How lots of occasions has Sebastian Vettel won the Formulation 1 Planet Driver’s Championship?
- a. Two times
- b. Four occasions
- c. 6 occasions
19. Which MotoGP star broke his arm at the initially race of the 2020 time in Spain?
- a. Marc Marquez
- b. Valentino Rossi
- c. Andrea Dovizioso
twenty. The Ford RS200, MG Metro 6R4 and Lancia Delta S4 competed in which rally group of the eighties?
- a. Team A
- b. Team B
- c. Team C
How perfectly do you know your automotive movie and television stars?
21. What motor vehicle did David Hasselhoff’s character, Michael Knight, push in the eighties Television set collection Knight Rider?
- a. Mercedes SL
- b. Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- c. Ferrari Testarossa
22. In the 1984 motion picture Ghostbusters, what was the Cadillac Miller-Meteor far better acknowledged as?
- a. The Buster
- b. Ecto-one
- c. Spenglerwagon
23. In collection ten of Curb Your Enthusiasm, what motor vehicle does guide character Larry David push?
24. What motor vehicle is uncovered deserted by the survivors in US Television set collection Shed?
- a. Lamborghini Countach
- b. Volkswagen Sort 2 bus
- c. DMC DeLorean
25. Tommy Cannon and the late Bobby Ball bought matching vehicles at the peak of their fame. What did they pick out?
- a. Gold Rolls-Royce Silver Shadows
- b. Bronze Proton Jumbucks
- c. Silver Lexus LS 400s
26. John Carpenter’s 1983 movie edition of the Stephen King guide Christine highlighted a possessed what?
- a. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
- b. 1958 Plymouth Fury
- c. 1972 Ferrari Daytona
27. Which of these vehicles is in the up coming Bond motion picture No Time to Die?
28. In the BBC Television set display Detectorists, what motor vehicle does Toby Jones’s character Lance push?
29. The Citroen Xsara Picasso is the selected motor vehicle of which character in Uk Television set comedy Gavin and Stacey?
- a. Mick Shipman
- b. Uncle Bryn
- c. Dave Coaches
thirty. Actors Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor starred in a new journey documentary in 2020, but what motorbikes did they ride by means of South The us?
- a. BMW R1200 GS Adventures
- b. Harley-Davidson Livewires
- c. Triumph Scramblers
Lacking words and phrases
Can you recognize the lacking words and phrases from these quotes?
31. “A _______ is a horse made by committee” – Sir Alec Issigonis
- a. zebra
- b. camel
- c. motorbike
32. “Chop your personal __________ and it will warm you twice” – Henry Ford
- a. arm off
- b. wood
- c. onions
33. “______________ are for persons who just cannot establish engines” – Enzo Ferrari
- a. Gearboxes
- b. Turbochargers
- c. Aerodynamics
34. “Money may well not purchase joy, but I’d instead cry in a ___________ than on a bus” – Françoise Sagan
- a. Jaguar
- b. Citroen DS
- c. Renault four
35. “Quality is remembered extended just after the _________ is forgotten” – Sir Henry Royce
- a. wait
- b. cost
- c. argument
36. “I imagine the situations in people vehicles are fully _____________” – Murray Walker
- a. unimaginable
- b. conditional
- c. whole
37. “Being an entrepreneur is like ingesting _________ and staring into the abyss of death” – Elon Musk
- a. a hen balti
- b. a coyote
- c. glass
38. “Success is 99 per cent ________” – Soichiro Honda
- a. expenditure
- b. failure
- c. bluffable
39. “With that type of dexterity, I reckon Alonso could get a position driving a ________ round the M25” – Martin Brundle
- a. Transit
- b. minicab
- c. hearse
40. “Designers think all the things completed by anyone else is dreadful, and that they could do it far better themselves, which points out why I made my personal _____________” – Chris Bangle
- a. bicycle
- b. residing room carpet
- c. toaster
The query is the respond to
Only a single of the statements is correct – can you guess which a single?
41. The Trabant…
- a. Was originally developed in the Volkswagen ID.three factory in Zwickau
- b. Won the Estonian Car of the Yr title in 1980 and 1982
- c. Was the silver-medal prize at the 1980 Moscow Olympics
42. A Skoda Octavia vRS 2. TSI…
- a. Was the millionth Skoda developed at Kvasiny in 2020
- b. Broke the Land Pace Document for a supercharged production motor vehicle in 2011
- c. Was initially prize on the last broadcast episode of Bullseye
forty three. 1972 was…
- a. The calendar year Formulation 1 earth champion Lewis Hamilton was born
- b. The calendar year in which BMW developed its initially electric motor vehicle
- c. The calendar year a swap to driving on the correct was proposed by Parliament
forty four. Emu feathers…
- a. Are applied to brush Jaguars prior to they are painted to make confident they really don’t draw in dust
- b. Ended up applied by TVR to established panel gaps on the Griffith
- c. Ended up an option supplied on the sixties Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
45. Irish Green…
- a. Was the code title applied by DMC for the DeLorean
- b. Was the colour of the a single millionth 911 to roll off the production line
- c. Was the nickname provided to Eddie Irvine by mechanics when he drove for Ferrari
forty six. £471 is the…
- a. Regular expense of yearly motor vehicle insurance policy in the Uk in 2019
- b. Price tag of a new Mini when it was launched in 1959
- c. Official cost of a new established of tyre dust caps for a Lamborghini Huracán
47. Watford Hole was…
- a. The filming area of the last scene of The Cannonball Operate
- b. The web-site of the initially Tesla Supercharger in the Uk
- c. The initially motorway services opened in the Uk in 1959
48. A fridge…
- a. Was originally scripted to be the time-travelling unit in the motion picture Back again to the Long term prior to producers opted for a DeLorean
- b. Triggered the 2018 Detroit Motor Clearly show to be cancelled when a single caught fire and burned down the exhibition hall
- c. Was applied by Vauxhall to replicate the body weight of rear seat passengers during endurance screening
forty nine. Soya beans had been…
- a. Used by Lada as seat filling during the fantastic foam shortage of 1963
- b. An component applied by Henry Ford to establish a prototype motor vehicle human body in 1941
- c. Often soaked in chlorobenzine to give a new motor vehicle scent by dealers
- a. Was the real quantity of Sierra Cosworth RS500s developed by Ford (Tickford developed the remaining 499)
- b. Was the unique title for the motor vehicle that turned the Ford Ka
- c. Was the quantity of Formulation 1 Planet Championship titles won by Sir Stirling Moss
Cryptic motor vehicle names
Can you work out the motor vehicle manufacturer names from these cryptic descriptions?
fifty one. First on the grid shines in the evening sky (8)
52. River crossing the street (four)
fifty three. Tiny (four)
fifty four. Grab a single when you want to get the body weight off your ft (four)
fifty five. Green and pleasant for Roy’s fictional soccer group (four,5)
fifty six. April’s month to month successor fulfills Johann Sebastian’s last (seven)
57. Clever (5)
fifty eight. Abbreviated qualified with one,016kg (six)
fifty nine. Coventry’s colossal cat (six)
sixty. Coil’s perfectly that finishes perfectly for Nikola (5)
Go again in time to locate the answers to these motoring puzzlers
sixty one. Who founded Italian motor vehicle manufacturer Alfa Romeo in 1910?
- a. Nicola Romeo
- b. Alessandro Alfa
- c. Marika Romano
sixty two. What motor vehicle did Ford establish as the replacement for the Design T?
- a. Design V
- b. Design A
- c. Design Y
sixty three. In what calendar year did British Leyland start the Austin Maestro hatchback?
sixty four. Dante Giacosa is credited with the layout of which Italian motor vehicle, which is now regarded as a typical?
- a. Alfa Romeo Spider
- b. Lamborghini Countach
- c. Fiat Nuova 500
sixty five. Alexander Wilson founded which British motor vehicle company in 1857?
- a. Bentley
- b. Vauxhall
- c. Bristol
sixty six. In what calendar year was Spanish motor vehicle maker SEAT fashioned?
67. Comotor was an sick-fated sixties joint undertaking involving which two motor vehicle manufacturers to establish engines?
- a. BMW and Alfa Romeo
- b. Citroen and NSU
- c. Lada and Skoda
sixty eight. Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher established up which well-known tuning property in Burgstall, Germany, in 1967?
sixty nine. The T360 was the initially four-wheeled products developed by which world motor vehicle brand name?
- a. Honda
- b. Suzuki
- c. Triumph
70. In what calendar year did Nissan start the initially-generation Leaf?
Can you title the fourth aspect to finish the chain?
seventy one. Heston–Reading–Chieveley–? (Clue: Relaxation heading west)
- a. Keele
- b. Membury
- c. Leicester Forest East
72. W213–W212–W211–W210–? (Clue: E-asy does it, Karl)
73. Greening–McLoughlin–Grayling–? (Clue: What a condition we’re in)
- a. Johnson
- b. Hancock
- c. Shapps
74. Sainte Dévote–Beau Rivage–Massenet–? (Clue: The quarter monte)
- a. Anthony Noghes
- b. Casino
- c. Mirabeau
seventy five. S–X–3–? (Clue: Elon’s timecode)
- a. Y
- b. Cybertruck
- c. Roadster 2
seventy six. Grey–Black–White–? (Clue: Shady alternatives for 2019 Brits)
77. F430–458–488–? (Clue: Italian exotic by means of the yrs)
seventy eight. Lewis–Sebastian–Lewis–? (Clue: Household winners)
79. Red–red and amber–green–? (Clue: Have you obtained a good sign?)
- a. Green and amber
- b. Amber
- c. Pink and amber
eighty. Oxford–Marina–Ital–? (Clue: Brits in the household way)
Can you recognize the production motor vehicle from its growth code title?
eighty one. Bobcat
- a. Jaguar F-Sort
- b. Ford Fiesta Mk1
- c. Panther Kallista
82. ADO15 ‘Orange Box’
- a. Morris Mini-Insignificant
- b. Fiat Uno
- c. Austin Maxi
eighty three. Challenge Jay
eighty four. Hawk
- a. Bentley Azure
- b. MGF
- c. Rover 200 Coupé
- a. Jaguar E-Sort
- b. Lotus Evora
- c. Caterham 21
- a. Aston Martin Valkyrie
- b. McLaren P1
- c. Land Rover Freelander
- a. Austin Westminster
- b. Ford Cortina Mk1
- c. Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
Place the detail
Can you recognize all these new vehicles from their photographs?
Completed? Now simply click listed here for the answers…
Check out the relaxation of our 2020 round-up beneath…